Every day, you strive to engage your students. But what if the shoe was on the other foot… and they were the ones in front of the classroom, endeavoring to teach in an informative and engaging way? What would they do?
Now, you can find out! Put your students at the head of the class—encourage them to show their skills and creativity by entering Cengage Learning’s “Instructor for a Day” video contest. They may win one of six scholarships!
It’s easy (and fun) to enter! In a one- to two-minute video, students should show us what they would do to get their classmates engaged and involved in the learning process.
A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to the top video, with the five runners-up each winning $500 scholarships as well!
How Students Can Enter Cengage Learning’s “Instructor for a Day” Video Contest
1. Students make a creative, original video that’s one to two minutes in length, demonstrating how they’d engage students if they were an instructor.
2. The student’s explanation of his or her method of instruction must be clear. The concept should be included in the title of the video or explained in the video itself. Videos should then be uploaded to YouTube and tagged using the hashtag #InstructorForADay.
3. After uploading the video to YouTube, students must submit their entries via the form on the Cengage Learning “Instructor for a Day” video contest website before midnight EDT on Sunday, May 11, 2014, and include the URL of their YouTube videos in the form.
Selection of the “Instructor for a Day” Video Contest Winner
Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of independent judges, based on the following criteria:
- Originality and creativity
- Overall appeal
- Quality and completeness of answer to “How would you engage students?”
- Audio/visual quality
- Overall impact
The independent judges will select five finalists whose videos will be featured on the Cengage Learning YouTube channel starting Saturday, May 17, to be voted on publicly. This vote will determine the ultimate prize winner. The contestant whose video receives the most likes wins!
The winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship paid on the winner’s behalf to the institution at which they are currently enrolled as a student for the Fall 2014 semester or quarter. Five (5) runner-up winners will receive a $500 scholarship paid on the winner’s behalf to the institution at which they are currently enrolled as a student for the Fall 2014 semester or quarter.
For complete rules and additional details, visit the contest website: //www.cengage.com/instructorforadaycontest and please share the news with your students!
Watch and Share the “Instructor for a Day” Intro Video…