Computing skills are absolutely essential for success in today’s environment. And it naturally follows that students learning these skills would want to do so by using digital learning tools. Cengage Learning’s MindTap is helping students “make the grade,” boosting engagement and student success in Computing courses.
Recent analysis of MindTap usage across the 2014-2015 academic year demonstrates that using MindTap can have a significant and positive impact on student learning and outcomes. We’ve seen that, when MindTap counts for at least 20% of their grade, students in Computing courses are engaging in course material more and performing better.
In Computing, working in MindTap leads to better scores. And consistency is key:
- Students in Computing courses who use MindTap at least one hour per week are more than twice as likely to receive a 90% average or better compared to students who spend less than an hour.
- Students who use MindTap every week are much more likely to get an 80% average or higher compared to students who only log in every other week.
- Student use grows the more MindTap is part of the course grade. When MindTap counts for 20% or more of the grade, students spend approximately one hour and 34 minutes per week in the system (compared to an average of 54 min per week, when MindTap counts for 10% or less).
- Students using apps perform better on assignments. As an example, students who use the Flashcard app more than ten times during the term are more likely to get a 90% average or better.
Read more about the positive impact that MindTap can have on student learning in Computing courses! Download our fact sheet and learn how you can use MindTap to spend time on their assignments, encourage student achievement, check their progress, and more.
Review MindTap data sheets on these specific courses:
- Improving student outcomes with MindTap in Office Suites courses
- Improving student outcomes with MindTap in Intro to Computing courses