Looking to increase student motivation and improve student outcomes in your Business Law courses? Assigning a digital learning solution may be the key. When MindTap counts for at least 20% of their grade, students in Business Law are engaging in course material more and performing better.
And, according to many studies, today’s students do want to use these digital learning tools. Of the college students surveyed for a recent report, 74% feel they would perform better if their instructors would use more technology.
Our studies show the positive impact of digital learning solutions as well. Recent analysis of MindTap usage for all disciplines across the 2014-2015 academic year demonstrates that using MindTap can have a significant and positive impact on student learning and outcomes.
If faculty use the platform, students will use the platform:
- Business Law instructors who spend eight or more hours managing their course (modifying or adding content, monitoring student progress, communicating with students, etc.) through the semester get students to spend 50% more time working in the course.
- Furthermore, instructors who customize the learning path for their course get approximately 60% more of their Business Law students to spend an hour or more per week in MindTap.
The more time students spend in MindTap, the better the results:
- Students who use MindTap at least 1 hour per week are nearly twice as likely to receive a 90% average or better compared to students who spend less than an hour
- Students who use MindTap every week are much more likely to get an 80% average or higher compared to students who only log in every other week.
- In MindTap, students using the Flashcard app more than ten times during the term are more likely to get a 90% average or better.
Review the full study for a complete breakdown of the data, including tips for increasing student usage and utilizing the Progress App to track progress and identify needs.