The students in your management courses want to succeed in their future careers… and they also want to succeed in your course.
So, how can you enable them to get the most out of those courses? Assigning a digital learning solution could be key. Participation and outcomes improve students when MindTap counts for 20% or more of their grade.
According to recent studies, many of today’s students do want to use these digital learning tools. In one report, 74% of the students surveyed feel they would perform better if their instructors would use more technology.
Why MindTap? Recent analysis of MindTap usage for all disciplines across the 2014-2015 academic year demonstrates that using MindTap can have a significant and positive impact on student learning and outcomes:
- Students who use MindTap every week are more likely to get an 80% average or higher compared to students who only log in every other week.
- Students who use MindTap at least 1 hour per week are much more likely to receive an 80% average or better in their Management courses, compared to students who spend less than an hour.
- Management students using MindTap’s Flashcard app more than 10 times during the term are more likely to get a 90% average or better.
Instructor use of MindTap can make a difference in student outcomes as well. Our studies show that when instructors use MindTap, students spend more time working on their assignments:
- Instructors who spend eight or more hours managing their course (modifying or adding content, monitoring student progress, communicating with students, etc.) through the semester get their Management students to spend over 30 minutes more per week working in the course.
- Instructors who customize the learning path for their course get approximately 50% more students to spend an hour or more per week in MindTap.