Consider the goals you have for your Sociology students. In all likelihood, you want to see improved outcomes, and increased engagement.
Looking for a learning solution that will help you (and your students) achieve these goals? Try assigning a digital learning solution such as MindTap for a grade. Students in Sociology courses are spending more time on their homework and earning better grades when MindTap counts for 20% of their grade.
The more time students spend in MindTap, the better the results:
- Students in Sociology who use MindTap at least three hours per week are more than twice as likely to receive an 80% average or better compared to students who spend less than an hour.
- Students who use MindTap every week are much more likely to get an 80% average or higher compared to students who only log in every other week.
- In Social Science/Sociology courses, students using the Flashcard app more than 10 times during the term are more likely to get a 90% average or better.
The amount of time instructors spend in MindTap can play an influential role as well:
- Instructors who spend eight or more hours managing their course (modifying or adding content, monitoring student progress, communicating with students, etc.) through the semester get students to spend twice as much time working in the course.
- Instructors who customize the learning path for their course get approximately 35% more students to spend an hour or more per week in MindTap.
As an instructor, you can use MindTap’s features and apps to support learning and engagement. For example, you can add multimedia content you use in class to the MindTap learning path; you can also modify the learning path to reflect the progression of your class content.