In her webinars on using virtual and mixed realities in higher ed, Corinne Hoisington shared ideas and tools to use these new technologies in your course. Here are some links to explore to get you started with virtual reality.
VIRTUAL REALITY DEVICES
VIRTUAL REALITY APPS
- YouTube 360: for use with Google Cardboard. Subscribe to the YouTube Virtual Reality channel.
- Science: consider this 3D virtual view of the human body.
- Art & Design: let your students paint virtually in a 3D space.
- Math: have students use a VR graphing calculator.
- History & World Events: let students virtually experience the moon landing.
- Psychology: See how VR can help patients with Alzheimer’s or Chronic Pain
- World Languages: Learn a language by having real conversations with virtual characters.
A Virtual Campus Tour with Oculus Rift:
Learn more from Corinne. View her webinars at your convenience through The Empowered Educator virtual event archives.