Help students get into their WebAssign course quickly and easily to improve their confidence and reduce anxiety. Keep reading for a step-by-step guide that will help you identify key course details and the most important shareable WebAssign student resources for a successful start to their semester.
Find Your Class Key
First, find your Class Key. You should have received that in your email, or you can find your Class Key by accessing Class Key Settings in your Class Tool left-hand sidebar on your WebAssign home screen. The Class Key is important to share with your students to ensure they enroll in the correct course.
Pro Tip: You can also choose to write a message to students to receive once they are enrolled.
Share: How to Register
Share the Quick Start Guide with your students for a step-by-step tutorial of how to register for your course using the class key. Don’t forget to tell your students what your class key is.*
If your institution is impacted by COVID-19, once students enroll, they will be prompted to activate their free Cengage Unlimited access for Cengage course materials by clicking ‘Start Trial’ in the sidebar.
Pro Tip: Video tutorials for students are also available here.
Share: How to Use WebAssign
Many students may already be familiar with WebAssign, but if they’re not, be sure to show them:
- Introduce them to their WebAssign homepage by sharing this link which provides an overview of where they can find all of their course resources.
- Share the Help Guide, which is an important student resource that will answer most of their questions about WebAssign including detailed how to’s for specific features like Class Insights.
- Schedule the Getting Started with WebAssign assignment available in your course pack or under ‘free additional resources’ to ensure students know how to use the platform.
Share: Key Features & WebAssign Student Resources
- Enable email reminders for assignment due dates
- Access eBooks and features
- View your reference materials under Class Resources
- Learn how to communicate with your teacher through WebAssign
- Use Class Insights to improve your class performance
Share: Where Students Should Go for Help
- Call for Tech Support: 1-800-354-9706
- Submit a request (don’t forget to log in first!)
Looking for More WebAssign Tips?
Transitioning to a virtual or hybrid course is stressful – let us help! Keep in mind the following resources that are available to you.